A month or so ago I finished a new unit of German infantry, but half way through basing them I had some sudden doubts!
Not about the miniatures themselves, but about how this and two previous German units were arranged and based. I had a wild idea to rip of them all off their bases, paint up a few more, and re-arrange them into new units. And that's exactly what I'm doing!
I'll reveal the rebased units next week probably, but for this post I just want to share what the newly painted figures are. They are Swiss pikemen/halberdiers from Steel Fist Miniatures, and are really beautifully detailed sculpts. I have painted a few of these already, but I've been putting doing more off for a while as I haven't quite been sure how I want to use them until now.
They come with really cool separate halberds and heads, but I've mixed it up a bit here. I've got hold of some 3d printed halberd heads from Styriwar, which are designed to be attached to 1mm steel wire. It's worked out really well, and will give these units a lot of variety in halberd designs.
I've also used some 3d printed heads from Styriwar, which have some very useful Germanic helmets. The other heads in this photo are actually the metal Perry Swiss heads - I really enjoy painting these.
And here's a selection of painted examples, waiting to be assigned their places in the re-arranged units.
Great looking figures , they really look the part.
ReplyDeleteAlan Tradgardland