August 19, 2024

Back to the baggage train

Just a quick update. A while back I shared an image of a gun with a two-horse limber. Since then I've added traces made from twisted wire. I'm very pleased with how this turned out, both twisting the wire to make authentic looking rope, and how they've attached to the horse harness.

I've also made a similar two-horse wagon setup. Both of these are from the Perry Miniatures American War of Independence range, with the gun obviously replaced by a more suitable 15th century piece. Looking at 15th century manuscript art it seems wagon technology didn't really change much over the centuries, and the ones in the AWI range seem perfectly suitable for the medieval period. Interestingly there are lots of examples of wagons and limbered artillery in the Swiss Chronicles. I was keen to use these setups with two horses in tandem, as they will be much easier to paint than a full four-horse setup with them two abreast!

1 comment:

  1. These look very much the part indeed. I look forward to seeing them in action on the tabletop.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete