July 03, 2024

Slow progress

Just a quick post to show some things on the workbench right now.

Slow but steady progress is being made on the next unit of French infantry. This is not all of them, just a selection - it will be a unit of 30 when finished, and I've just now started on the last batch. Will include many of my commissioned sculpts (but only two of the most recent batch in this unit, one of which you can see here). 


Here's something that's been sitting around for a while now - a two-horse artillery limber. The limber and horses are from the Perry Miniautures War of American Independence range, and the gun itself is from Avanpost. I plan to make some traces out of twisted wire. My thoughts on making limbers for the late medieval period can be found on a previous post here.


And finally here's a little handgunner conversion I am really pleased with. The body is a 3d print from Warsteel Miniatures, with plastic Perry head and arms, with a hand-swap. I sculpted a crude bag out of green stuff which seems to have turned out ok. I think the post works really well!

1 comment: