May 14, 2023

New Steel Fist release

A while back a member of the Lead Adventure Forum showed some sculpts he had made of bodies to be used with plastic Perry arms and heads. He made a set of twelve, which were picked up by Steel Fist Miniatures and have now been released. At the time of this post the first run has sold out, but there are more on the way.



I picked up two of each sets, and been working on them over the weekend.

They are quite a mix of different armour and clothing styles, along with the various poses, so it does take a little head-scratching to find appropriate plastic arms to match with, but that's half the fun. For example there are two in very nice fluted Gothic armour, but the only matching arms from the Perry sets are the limited few provided on the European Mercenaries command frame. I gave one the mace and flag combo, but for the second one I'm probably going to do some careful cutting and re-joining of wrists and elbows to get what I want. Of course, others will be less fussy than me!

Here's the first eight I've done and am pleased with. These won't be rushing into units any time soon, but will all find their places in various things I have planned over the coming year.






No comments:

Post a Comment